Thursday, March 1, 2007

evening before the fast

Weight: 186 lbs.

I'm kind of freaked out and nervous. I've never done any fasts or cleanses ever before, and so I'm feeling this is going to be a doozy. It's my spring break, so I can kick back, relax, not have to worry about snapping at my students or friends, and play World of Warcraft all day. Well, I do have to edit a paper, write a paper, grade 38 midterms, and catch up on the reading for the one class I've been bowing off. . . well. . . never mind.

I just drank my first glass of laxative tea, and it was fucking nasty. I downed a big glass of water afterward. Tomorrow begins the fast proper, beginning with my first salt-water flush. Gulp.

My last meal was some Soul Veg: BBQ tofu sandwich, cabbage, and macaroni and cheeze. I ate the macaronis one or two at a time, because I knew they were the last macaronis or really anything I will eat for ten whole days. Woah.

For those who might be unfamiliar with the regimen I'm following, here's the breakdown:

From The Master Cleanser, by Stanley Burroughs:

Purpose:

To dissolve and eliminate toxins
To cleanse the kidneys and digestive system
To eliminate built-up waste and hardened material in the lower intestine and colon

Duration:

Ten days (can be done up to 40 days)

Regimen:

Lemonade, 6-12 glasses/day
Herbal laxative tea in the evening
Saltwater flush or laxative tea in the morning

Lemonade recipe:

2 tbs. lemon or lime juice
2 tbs. grade B maple syrup
1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper
10 oz. water

All ingredients are combined in a glass and consumed six to twelve times a day.

Saltwater Flush

Prepare a full quart of luke-warm water, and add two level teaspoons of sea salt. Drink first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.

There we go. The first post is made, the first cup of tea is taken. No going back now! Except going to the bathroom.

No comments: